Located very close to both downtown Toronto and Mississauga, the small historic town of Streetsville, with its leisurely pace and ample green space is the place to live. Here are five reasons why:
1) It’s not a suburb, but a long-established heritage town with a charming main street, a huge number of preserved historic buildings, and well-established schools and amenities. This community was founded on the banks of the beautiful Credit River in 1818 and was named after Timothy Street, the surveyor who surveyed the huge 648,000 acre tract of land. He was granted 1000 acres in exchange for his services, and built his home in 1825. The town grew at a leisurely pace, even after it became a train stop, and retains its unrushed pace. It feels more like a hamlet than a thriving town within easy commuting distance to either downtown Toronto or downtown Mississauga. A beautiful downtown open air space hosts plenty of town events, like the lighting of the Christmas tree, the Remembrance Day parade, buskers and movie nights.
2) Plenty of Green Space: There’s the Credit River and the Culham Trail that follows its banks, opportunity for kayaking, canoeing, hiking, bird-watching, cycling, and rollerblading; Streetsville Memorial Park offers soccer field, baseball diamond, community centre, outdoor pool, huge picnic grounds and hiking trail. A couple more green spaces to make note of are the Rattray Marsh Conservation Area, and the Riverwood Conservancy.
3) Easy Commutes: Thanks to the GO station in town, commuting to Toronto – and Mississauga – is easy and fast. Without the gridlock of more dense communities, it’s also easier to get out of town to Highways 401, 403, and QEW, and it’s close to the airport for international commuters.
4) Local Amenities: Tons of shopping with the quaint exclusive shops along Main Street, and with two major malls nearby. Like the rest of the GTA, the community is diverse, so restaurants offer a wide variety of fare – Indian, Italian, Asian, French. Very good schools.
5) Dunpar Homes The latest townhome offering from the well-known area developer and builder features 200 beautifully constructed, custom towns and semis with luxurious traditional styling that will contribute to the town’s architecture. Located right in the heart of Streetsville at 80 Thomas St., the enclave is 30 seconds to the GO station, two minutes to main street’s retail and dining, and five minutes to parks and green space.
Units at Streetsville Centre range from 1500 to 2600 sq ft and come with roof top decks, balconies off the kitchen, three bedrooms, two car garages, and luxury features like granite counters, undermount kitchen sink, frameless glass ensuite shower, smooth ceilings and stainless appliances.
To find out more about our development in Streetsville, click here to register and a person from our sales team will connect with you.