It is never too early to start planning how you will decorate for your family and friends this Thanksgiving. You want to create a warm, welcoming atmosphere, that not only makes them feel at home, but appreciated and loved.
Consider the following chic decorating ideas to make your Thanksgiving dinner truly beautiful and memorable:
- Incorporate floralsThanksgiving is a great time to add deep, rich hues to your interior. You could, for instance, get some floral pillows for your sofa or perhaps some coloured table cloths.
- Linen napkinsLinen napkins are a great addition for whatever theme you choose for Thanksgiving, and getting them in different patterns or styles adds colour and variety to your table.
- White plattersServing on white platters is an element of classic styling. For a chic setting, consider adding some stoneware that features an assortment of scalloped and embossed designs.
- Celebrate the seasonConsider filling the area around your centrepiece with pale squash and gourds, as well as some flickering gold votive and beeswax taper candles to create a warm mood.
- White pumpkin centrepieceWhite pumpkins are becoming increasingly popular. You can also use a white pumpkin for your centrepiece, combined with black-and-white checked ribbons, candles, and flowers.
- Black-and-white settingYou can create a stylish setting using only these two dominant colours. If you go for a white pumpkin, you can consider painting it with black patterns or carving it. Combine this with a mixture of black and white plates, a white tablecloth with black runners, place cards and napkin rings, as well as some fruits and vegetables for an element of freshness.
- Romantic centrepieceConsider creating a romantic centrepiece with a range of flowers in shades of sage, ivory, and pumpkin placed on a re-purposed wooden board. You can get a beautiful floral arrangement comprising hydrangeas, roses, ranunculus, and dahlias, as well as using vibrant autumn leaves for your filler.
- Porcelain turkeyConsider dressing a porcelain turkey with some twigs, surrounded with leaves, as a display to keep the Thanksgiving mood going throughout the day.
Don’t forget to serve your guests with some piping-hot cider with fresh cinnamon stir sticks as you welcome them into your home. These chic decorating tips should give you a great Thanksgiving experience that you will remember for years to come.